Saturday, July 16, 2005

Weekend Excursion


Murud Janjira

After many months we finally managed to make a successful trip. This is
one thing
about Pune which I admire most, there is no dearth of places
to go around, you just need to plan it right :-)

It was a day full of fun. We started early in the morning at 6 and thankfully we had a sensible driver this time. The drive on the express way was as usual a great experience. The cloud cover and the surrounding green mountains near Lonavala made it more beautiful.

After 3 hours of journey we had the first glimpse of the sea. We stopped at a point where the road was running almost parallel to the sea. It was a rocky beach with lots of shells and colored stones lying here and there. I immediately started picking them like a kid. In between I had to play the role of a more matured individual as I needed to control some friends of mine who were going berserk with their shouts going higher and higher with the waves.

We then stopped at the janjira(see the pic) but almost unanimously decided against going there as the time was running fast. We finally made our final halt at the Kashid beach. Here we spent some 3-4 hours and had a great time.

It was a memorable trip, hope I get a chance to follow it up soon!!

Meanwhile today I am going home, so expect my post after tuesday once I am back in Pune.

No comments:

Post a Comment